- NewsIf you are interested in the latest news of Hout Bay International School, click here.more
- AdmissionsThe admission process is open throughout the year. Requirements to be admitted is explained on this page;more
- CalendarWe'll keep you up to date with what's going on in Hout Bay International School with our Calendarmore
- NewsletterA historical list of the regularly distributed publication about Hout Bay School is now availablemore
WELCOME TO HOUT BAY INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL!
Hout Bay International School is more than a school – it is a community of diverse individuals and families, a centre for academic excellence, for some a home away from home and yet more importantly a family for all those that are part of it. Few schools can boast that they belong to two international organisations spanning across almost every continent of the globe. The first being International Education Systems (IES), a family of international schools committed to quality educational experiences for all who attend and, second, the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO), renowned for its high quality and rigorous academic programme.
Our School is as diverse as the location in which it finds itself, our commitment to highlighting social injustice, the celebration of differences and the fostering of international mindedness goes beyond the classroom. Students are encouraged to ‘think outside the box’, ‘have a voice’ and engage on pertinent topics daily. From Early Years through to the International Baccalaureate Diploma, students, staff and parents are part of a learning community that seeks to encourage awareness of the wider world. They have a sense of their own role as global citizens, who respect and value diversity, who have an understanding of how the world works and who take responsibility for their actions.
We are proudly South African, embodying an International mindset, where the spirit of ‘ubuntu’– the idea that humanity is bound together and expressed by caring for each other – can be seen and felt. The teachers genuinely care for their students and love practicing their craft. The students genuinely love learning and are encouraged to become life-long learners.
And so I wish to say welcome to HBIS, may your time here be a worthwhile and life changing experience.
- Dear Parents, At last week’s Open Day, I was once again reminded of the many positive and wonderful things that happen at HBIS. Comment after comment from prospective families were incredibly positive. For many of our visitors they commented on...
- Hout Bay International School currently offers the Primary Years Programme (PYP) ages 3 – 12, and the Diploma Programme (DP) ages 16 – 19 of the International Baccalaureate (IB). While the school structure is comparable to other South African Primary...
- Dear Parents, If 2017 was a year of unexplained events, challenging times and strange phenomenon, 2018 has to be the year of renewed optimism and hope. As I said in my last newsletter, if there is one thing I know...
- You may have heard this term used at Hout Bay International School in reference to the characteristics of the students that study at our school under the International Baccalaureate. But what is the IB Learner Profile? And how is it...
- When first encountering the PYP 6 exhibition – the culmination of the Primary Years Programme, most noticeable is the confidence with which the students speak to visitors about the work they have been doing. The presentation skills they possess at...
- Dear Parents, “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts”. – Winston Churchill For a long time many of us believed that failing at something was the end of the world. Losing a match,...
Every year, students from SEK and IES schools join for a week of cultural or sports activities. The event takes place in one of the countries where exists a SEK/IES school. In 2018 a cultural week take place at SEK Budapest International School, Hungary.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact the person in charge of International Programs at your school.